Sunday, August 5, 2007

Saved by Grace

Today was our Monthly Prison reunion / Bible Study at Newberry Correctional Facility. We had 5 inmates come and we discussed scripture in great detail, I ,Yellow highlighted many passages that I found great for teaching, Teaching me.

It's funny but when you talk to saved people about scripture outside in the world so to speak they either blow you off or change the subject. In Prison those men hunger for the word. And they are joyful that we come to see them, us men who have so much, are so blessed, who evangelize to those with so little. In the end it is we that are blessed.

On our Thursday night Bible study's at the Pike Unit inside Chippewa Correctional Facility we have been beating sin over the head vigorously. For three weeks we have been discussing, 1. How do you know if Holy Spirit in indwelt inside you. AND If you have been Baptized in the Holy Spirit and you keep sinning is Holy Spirit in you or are you misunderstanding Holy Spirit?

Will sin drive the Spirit out of you? If you have the fruits of the Holy Spirit can you still not be saved?

Well I sure am a sinner, It does not take that attractive of a girl/woman to catch my eye and even though I do not generally have lustful thoughts I sure do enjoy the beauty of the feminine form. SO If I do not covet and I do not lust, is it sin, Or are we getting to fundamentalist? and are splitting frog hairs of sin? Are we becoming Pharisees?

Sure Paul said he did what he did not want to do, and I guess that can be a scapegoat. But If We are working hard for the furtherance of Gods Kingdom If we truly love God and do works as a pleasing offering of sacrifice because we love out Father in Heaven, then can we be so damned? or are we still in Grace?

Grace, There it is. there can be no further discussion we are saved by grace and even all men's works are dirty linens to our God.

So I try to please God, I am covered in Grace, and as I do my best for our Jesus in the end we are all sinners, non better non worse.

May our God Adonai and his son Jesus Bless you this day.

3 comments:

The Lighthearted Calvinist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lighthearted Calvinist said...

Found you. I'll get you some R.C. Sproul videos and lend you a couple books - good stuff for instructing us laymen in theology. Chosen By God is the series we're doing at KTF. Oh, yeah...books that do NOT discuss the Gnostic Gospels....

The Lighthearted Calvinist said...

Forgot this - that picture looks like the one the feds would take as they storm your office. You should have your helpmate take a better one.