Friday, June 27, 2008

SEX, SEX, SEX,SEX,SEX

I guess my picture does look like the Feds are coming to arrest me. ( long story)

I like SEX, Alot.
A joke, a guy named Sean brags in the bar that he gets all the sex he needs, his mate says, wot? I hardly knew you with a woman,,,,,,Don't need no woman said Sean, I got the Internet.

At the ELCA Synod convention I went to my first Lutheran CORE meeting, ( It was not well attended) AND there were spy's!!!!, my pastorette Tari and a pastor from Houghton and one from Escanaba. SEX, UGH,,,not in my church,,, Core is cool, Im up wit dem. I love Gay people, I feel for them, I really do, and I wish the gay marrige ban in Michigan would have left them with the ability for civel unions.

So at the ELCA sexuality hearing in Cheboygan yesterday I was prepared top read a whole page, and so I stepped on up to the microphone and found I was literally only able to say a small bit,,,,,Guess Holy Spirit wanted me to say only a little. and I said this

The study states that “The past six or seven decades have seen immense changes in every aspect of human life, including human sexuality. The sexuality study seeks to describe the social realities of this age and to address them pastorally.”

It seems to me that many Clergy in the ELCA believe that Gods church needs to change to conform to social norms. In the past the social norms in America was that Slavery of Africans was Permissible. True Christians and not Pseudo Christians were steadfast in there belief that Slavery was evil. The same can be said for Nazi Germany, The Lutheran and Catholic churches adopted the social norms of the times.
As Christ bearers in this world we are called to be set apart, holy, sanctified. We are not to adopt that which is of the world while disregarding the Word of God.


With Sex being the focus in the ELCA now I guess Interesting times are upon us. I wonder though, my Pastor kept stepping up to add or question small differences in the wording of the study, she wants the word baptism added and I wonder if she knows the difference between Baptism by water, by Blood, and by Spirit. I get the feeling she might not.

In Christ
Rick




No comments: